Re: Books, bookparts, includes: what?

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Books, bookparts, includes: what?
Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 21:17:18 +0100

Il giorno Sat, 06 Mar 2010 20:09:50 +0100
Giovanni Roversi <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> Ok ok, I know I'm opening a new thread on the same topic just after
> few days, but I saw another possible solution. The problem follows:
[...]
> I attached files, so tell me what it doesn't work, please!
> Is it for the '\include "italiano.ly"' in attachments? Is it for the
> structure of them?
> Thank you and bye bye,
>   Giovanni from italy.

Hi Giovanni,

I don't know why your solution does not work.. I had hard times with
\bookpart some months ago.
But I can tell you a working solution based on \include (I've tested it
with your files).

First, in the included files you should move the \header block inside
the \score block, before \layout.

Then the book.ly file should look like this:

\version "2.12.2"

  \paper {
    ragged-last-bottom = ##t
    print-all-headers = ##t
    oddFooterMarkup = \markup {
      \column {
        \fill-line {
          \on-the-fly #first-page \fromproperty #'header:copyright
        }
        \fill-line {
          \on-the-fly #part-last-page \fromproperty #'header:parttagline
        }
        \fill-line {
          \on-the-fly #last-page \fromproperty #'header:tagline
  \header {
    title = "Supper's Ready"
    composer = "Genesis"
  }

  \markuplines \table-of-contents
  \pageBreak

  \tocItem \markup "Lover's Leap"
  \include "Lover's Leap.ly"

  \tocItem \markup "The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man"
  \include "The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man.ly"

You may need to change other settings, but at least including files
works fine.
Ciao,
Federico

--