Re: Problem with initial grace note

From: Patrick Karl
Subject: Re: Problem with initial grace note
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 17:12:20 -0600

On 8 Mar 2010 22:44:02 Graham Percival wrote:

Yes, read the warning at the bottom of the doc page about grace
notes.

I suppose you're referring to:

Grace note synchronization can also lead to surprises. Staff notation, such as key signatures, bar lines, etc., are also synchronized. Take care when you mix staves with grace notes and staves without, for example,

(example omitted).

This can be remedied by inserting grace skips of the corresponding durations in the other staves.

Since I don't have any other staves, how does this note apply to my case?

And doesn't the above sentence, "Grace note synchronization can also lead to surprises", really mean that grace note implementation is buggy? It looks to me that people have been bitten by these bugs since at least 2004 or so.

I guess I'll have to concentrate on engraving music for composers who avoid initial grace notes.