Re: how to get a jazz swing

From: Brett McCoy
Subject: Re: how to get a jazz swing
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 20:58:09 -0500

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM, rosea grammostola
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Valentin Villenave wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:04 PM, rosea grammostola
>> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>> I made a piece for double bass. How do I get a swing rhythm in the midi
>>> output?
>>>

>> Unfortunately you don't (yet):
>> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=687
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Valentin
>>
>> (PS. Now, there may be some Scheme magic to be found but I'm less than
>> optimistic about it.)
>>

> Thanks,
>
> mmh that's a pita.. Swing is used pretty often in midi of course.
> I hope there will be more hope soon.
> Now I maybe can fix something with qtractor from svn
> http://www.rncbc.org/drupal/node/184

Most, if not all, MIDI sequencers will let you "humanize" the
playback, increasing or decreasing the amount of swing needed.

-- Brett
"In the rhythm of music a secret is hidden;
    If I were to divulge it, it would overturn the world."
               -- Jelaleddin Rumi