Re: text in staff and markup text font=addlyric font

From: Jay Hamilton
Subject: Re: text in staff and markup text font=addlyric font
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 18:15:20 -0800

Ok, not exactly sure what that means in this case but looking through the manual I'm not able to understand the numeric values in terms of what they do/mean.
So where's a good explanation?
 Also it sounds like (I hope I'm wrong) that you have to use the \override etc and extra-offset for each symbol/word and I really need it globally.
And then is there somewhere that gives the font equivalents for
#(set-global-staff-size 25)
or any other for an example how to again globally alter the font size so that it matches the lyric font size?  Since the global staff size seems to determine the lyric font size.
Again, if I'm mislead please set me straight maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.

Thanks
Jay