Re: your MultiMeasureRest utility

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: your MultiMeasureRest utility
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:25:33 +0100

me - stanford wrote:
Alexender,

*Here's some more feedback for you *(whenever you get around to looking at this code again). I've attached all the relevant files:

%=============================================================

I'm not sure if you remember the barcheck issue I was getting? It looked like this:

* Bach_Singet_dem_Herrn_source_music.ly:85:23: warning: barcheck failed at: -1/4 *
* ** \mark \default  *
*                        R2.*15 ** ** % N = 137 *

Hi, Randy,

it seems like this was kinda solved without me having a look at it at all. In a recent message on lilypond-user (the "Partials and upbeats" thread), Carl Sorensen says:
But for the current status of bar-checks, putting a full-measure rest in a
partial measure should always produce the barcheck warning, IMO.

So it looks like the problem is not inherent to my code, though of course the method used there is quite ugly and hack-ish, and it breaks if you try to use anything but MultiMeasureRests in the BarNumberStaff without manual tweaking of the global counter variables. But in essence: One should not bother to care about the warnings as long as it works.

Cheers,
Alexander