Re: Partials and upbeats

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Partials and upbeats
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:10:29 -0000

Issue 849 seems to be the current one.

--
Phil Holmes

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Carl Sorensen" <address@hidden>
Cc: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>; "Mats Bengtsson" <address@hidden>; "LilyPond User Group" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:29 PM

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:58:13AM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:

On 3/10/10 10:04 AM, "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I now modify the file to move the \partial to the first Staff/Voice, > I
> get the following error:
>
> .... warning: barcheck failed at: -1/4
>   R4   |  % 1

IIRC I added this to the tracker 3 years ago.

Personally, I think that the warning is "technically" correct, since R
indicates a full-measure rest, and a full measure rest should start at
measure-position zero.

We could argue about what the desired program output should be (I
don't like the current behavior), but since nobody worked on this
issue in the past 3 years, I see no benefit to arguing about what
it should do now.

Cheers,
- Graham