Re: Bass note under the Chord Name Symbol

From: Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool)
Subject: Re: Bass note under the Chord Name Symbol
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:11:52 +0100

Though not a general solution, if you don't have many such chords, you can do the following.
As the stencil of the ChordName grob is the same as of the TextScript, that is ly:text-interface::print, you can override the text property using a markup:
\override ChordNames.ChordName #'text = \markup { }

Bert

Ken Thomas wrote:
I have a requirement to print the name of the bass note under the chord symbol separated by a line rather than beside it separated by a slash.

"F/G" is what Lilypond prints.  What I need is

I've searched the docs, the user groups, and sample code, but can't find a way to do this.  Any suggestions?

Ken