Re: lilypond-book question

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: lilypond-book question
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 23:29:30 -0500

When on Windows I run these commands from the DOS prompt and it works fine. I think the problem is probably related to your $PATH.  I remember once having to set up the path so that it could find the lilypond commands, but this last time I set up a windows VM and installed Lilypond, it automatically set up the path correctly. You should search the web for instructions on how to add directories to the path. You might also just try it at a DOS prompt instead and see if it works.

Jon

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Kees van den Doel <address@hidden> wrote:
 Hi all,

How am I supposed to use lilypond-book on windows?

I'm in  a cygwin csh shell. Instructions say:

>To produce a PDF file through PDFLaTeX, use

>    lilypond-book --pdf yourfile.pdftex
>    pdflatex yourfile.tex

lilypond-book is however not a recognized command.

I then tried (after finding lilypond-book.py and some guessing)

python 'c:\program files\lilypond\usr\bin\lilypond-book.py' foo.lytex

and get:

running latex...Dissecting...lilypond-book.py: error file not found: screech-boink.ly

I can't find anything in the docs, but haven't read them cover to cover. (My miktex is fine.)

Appreciate any help,
Kees