Re: Polymetric parts: line breaking problems

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Polymetric parts: line breaking problems
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:29:52 +0000

On 16 March 2010 16:54, James Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not certain what the problem is, but when compiling your file, I came
> across a lot of bar check errors. If you can send a file that compiles
> without erros, or a small one or two measure example of the problem, I'm
> sure you can get much more help.

The bar check errors arise from the \midi block (where the timing
information is still in the Score context).

If you change the paper size and orientation to A3 landscape, you'll
see why the line breaking's bad: there are too few places where the
barlines line up between the staves.

The only solution is to add some judiciously placed empty barlines (\bar "").

Regards,
Neil