Re: Sudden "cannot allocate memory" error

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: Sudden "cannot allocate memory" error
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 08:09:12 -0400

Greetings, Aaron -

I found I had the same problem running Lilypond 2.12 under Ubuntu. It occurred when I reached a certain number of scores in a single .ly file. I was able to continue working on the project by commenting out most of the scores and just working on a few. Actually, the PostScript (.ps) file compiled, and it was only the .pdf that was not produced. I found that, although it took much longer, I could still produce the .pdf by waiting until the .ps file was produced and I got the "cannot allocate memory" message. Then I ran ps2pdf on the .ps file and got my .pdf with no problem.

Hope this helps,

Ralph