Re: documentation help seriously needed

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: documentation help seriously needed
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:07:51 +0000

In the doc source, we add commands like
  @cindex beaming
  @funindex []

There is no automatic testing for this, but I'm certain that our
doc build correctly links the index entry to the place where the
command was placed in the doc source.

As far as I know, there is nobody currently working on updating
these entries, checking for completeness, etc.  This isn't a hard
job, but it *does* require you to know git+compiling+our doc
policies.  It's not something that can be easily described in
words and handed off to another person to do the actual file
editing.

I have no plans to ask any current doc editors to undertake such a
job; I don't think the benefit outweighs the cost and effort.  But
if you're particularly keen to do it, we can train you to work on
this.

Cheers,
- Graham