Re: Names of multiple midi files in lilypond-book

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Names of multiple midi files in lilypond-book
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:14:51 +0100

Il giorno Mon, 22 Mar 2010 23:18:37 -0400
Keith Weintraub <address@hidden> ha scritto:

> I would like to be able to put hyperlinks in the text that point to
> the midi files.
>
> Is there a way to know what the names of the midi files will be or
> better yet to force the names in the \midi{} block?

Hi Keith,

I asked the same question 2 months ago, but I got no reply
unfortunately:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-01/msg00651.html

The question (maybe) is: how can I tell lilypond-book to create subdirs
and files' names that can pe predicted?
I mean: it would be very easy if the first fragment is rendered in, for
example, fragment1/ and the midi is called fragment1/fragment1.midi

What we want can be done by LilyPond extension for MediaWiki, using
<lilymidi>:
http://www.oscarvandillen.com/Lilypond

Why shouldn't it be possible using lilypond-book?
I just wonder if we are missing something or if this is just not
feasible currently (in this case we might do a feature request, as it
seems that people are interested in this feature).

Federico
--
http://gnurag.net/blog/
http://fsfe.org/