Tuplets, one-line staves etc. in lilypond-book

From: Siska Ádám
Subject: Tuplets, one-line staves etc. in lilypond-book
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 01:58:54 +0100

Hello Members,

I am writing a score with LaTeX & Lilypond-book where I need a lot of inline
excerpts in the text. As I noticed, using the Lilypond environment doesn't let
me inline citations of score fragments as it always creates a new paragraph for
the music, therefore I can only live with the \lilypond command. However, since
{ and } is not supported within this command, there are a couple of things I
can't really solve. Here's a list of the things I couldn't find out up to now.
Please, if anyone of you had a suggestion, don't hesitate to tell me. Thanks!

- Creating tuplets. Using the \times command won't put a bracket over my
tuplets, as it applies only to the first note.
- Removing/modifying the staff. At a point I need to include a few rythm
patterns for which I don't need a 5-line stave. I either need an one-line
stave, or (which could be even better), I needed no stave at all, just the
rythms.
- Including music signs without a staff. I can't find out how could I put (for
example) a \pp sign in my text without getting a stave.

Thank you all for your kind help,
Ádám