Re: Chords

From: David Stocker
Subject: Re: Chords
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:34:18 -0400

I'd very much like to look into this.

For now, adding \override ChordName #'extra-offset = #'(0.75 . 0.0) gives a very nice result.

Best regards,

David

chords

On 03/28/2010 05:56 PM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi David,

This function seems to center the chord names (root name and suffix) precisely on the leftmost edge of the notehead. While I feel that this is preferable to LilyPond's default setting, I wonder if there's a way to nudge the chord symbols about 1/2 a space to the right (I'm sure there is, but my total ignorance of Scheme and music functions prohibits me from figuring it out).

What you really want is a Scheme function to actually centre it on the notehead, regardless of width.

A similar thing was being done with lyrics -- perhaps this thread (and the authors thereof) can help:
<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-02/msg00573.html>

Cheers,
Kieren.

--