setting Frescobaldi indentation defaults

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: setting Frescobaldi indentation defaults
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 09:44:34 +0200

Op zondag 28 maart 2010 schreef Nick:

> Two Frescobaldi editing problems I haven't been able to solve, and which
> I see on all three versions I've tried (1.0.0, 1.0.2, and 1.1.0):
>
> 1. Regardless of whether I check or uncheck the editing option "Insert
> spaces instead of tabulators", I always get spaces and not tabs in my
> source file, whether from auto-indentation or from explicitly hitting
> the tab key.
>
> 2. Regardless of the value I set for indentation width, I always get a
> width of two characters.

Both "problems" are due to a default setting in the LilyPond kate mode. This
is because the settings in the General Editor Settings also apply to Kate and
KWrite.

To change the settings for the LilyPond mode:
- go to settings -> configure Frescobaldi
- select Editor Component -> Open/Save
- select the tab Modes & Filetypes
- choose Filetype Other/LilyPond from the dropdown list
- edit the settings in the Variables field.

To get help about the meaning of these variables:
- Click the help button in the bottom left of the settings dialog
- in the Frescobaldi help section "Editor Component", follow the link to the
  Kate manual
- in the Kate manual, click on the link "Document Variables" in the first
  paragraph
- read this page and scroll down for the variables.

You will want to set indent-width and 'replace-tabs off' to stop changing tabs
in to spaces. Also remove 'space-indent on;' and 'replace-tabs-save on;'

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
Frescobaldi, LilyPond editor for KDE: http://www.frescobaldi.org/