Major version: LilyPond 2.14.0 released!

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Major version: LilyPond 2.14.0 released!
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 08:50:36 +0100

GLASGOW, Scotland -- April 1, 2010 -- The LilyPond development
team is proud to announce LilyPond 2.14, the latest stable release
of our award-winning music engraver.  "Music notation for
everyone" has never looked better!
    http://lilypond.org

Following the open-source motto of "release early, release often",
we are making 2.14 available now.  There are still a few
regression bugs compared to 2.12, but we urge everybody to
download 2.14.0 from the lilypond website when it becomes
available and use it in their production systems.  Let us know if
anything doesn't work; we love getting feedback!  We have
introduced a new "bug voting" system on our website to allow us to
better direct programmer effort:
    http://lilypond.org/website/bug-reports.html

Other major new features include:
  * eyeglass markup, to remind musicians to watch the conductor
    at critical moments.
  * in tablature, fets can be indicated with colored letters
    instead of numbers.
  * The Unicode Bidirectional Algorithm is now fully supported
    for single-line markup due to enhanced integration with
    Pango, and we now use FT_Error in the prototype for
    freetype_error_string().

The full list of new features is online here:
    http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/changes/index.html

Having music engraving!

Patrick McCarty - SVG guru, text handler
Nicolas Sceaux - Schemer extraordinaire
Reinhold Kainhofer - musicxml2ly bloke
Werner Lemberg - Fonts, bugz squasher
Jan Nieuwenhuizen - Core development
Han-Wen Nienhuys - Core development
John Mandereau - Translation swain
Trevor Daniels - Asst. doc editor
Jonathan Kulp - Asst. doc editor
Mark Polesky - Code cleanup-er
Mats Bengtsson - Support guru
Valentin Villenave - Web 2.0
Carl Sorensen - Frog master
Francisco Vila - ES writer
Joe Neeman - Spacing guru
Dmytro O. Redchuk - Bugs
James Lowe - Doc gopher
Colin Campbell - Ditto
Marc Hohl - Bug nuker
Graham Percival - me

--
This email is best viewed with a fixed-width font in a screen size of
80x25 characters.