inter-staff distance / page header

From: Tom Cloyd
Subject: inter-staff distance / page header
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 23:34:10 -0700

Have just installed developmental ver. "2.13.16" and run convert-ly on all my scores.

I got this CLI message when running the conversion:

"Not smart enough to convert vertical spacing has been changed; minimum-Y-extent is obsolete.
Please refer to the manual for details, and update manually.2.13.16 "

Not very helpful, at least not to me, because I don't know how to fix the problem.

All my staves are now vertically crowded. I've tried a number of things to fix it - and now my head is completely muddled.

I'm working out of the Notation manual section "4.1.2 Page formatting" ...and nothing has worked. Hasn't had any effect at all, in fact. I'm guessing I'm putting stuff in the wrong place. I'm running out of time now.

My code is here:

http://pastie.org/901405

It's only 5 lines of music, but they crowd into each other unacceptably. It's free of any of my failed change attempts.

So, two questions:

1. How can I get space between the staves?

2. Unrelated question: on scores (they're all for a single instrument), is there yet any way to get a score title printed on every page? Right now I'm using the "instrument = "Classical Guitar 100329" " line. If this were not printed on page one, I could just put the title and version date there, but it IS, so that's no solution. My solution is a kludge, and it's OK, but is there a better way?

Thanks for any help.

Tom