Re: Multiple dots and tremolo

From: Jay Anderson
Subject: Re: Multiple dots and tremolo
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 10:07:04 -0700

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 9:41 AM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> How do I engrave 4 dots under q 2 quarter note with eights tremolo?
> I mean something like
> g2:8_\markup{\bold{. . . .}}
> equivalent to
> g8-. g-. g-. g-.

I've usually done that something like this:

staccatoFour = \markup{\musicglyph #"scripts.staccato" \musicglyph
#"scripts.staccato" \musicglyph #"scripts.staccato" \musicglyph
#"scripts.staccato"}
\repeat tremolo 4 g8_\staccatoFour

This is far from optimal, but I think you can tweak it to be placed a
little better.

It'd be nice to be able to write something like this instead:

\override Staff.expandTremoloArticulation = ##t
\repeat tremolo 4 g8-.

This would take quite a bit of work though.

Buona fortuna.

-----Jay