David_Bobroff_2009-extras

From: David Bobroff
Subject: David_Bobroff_2009-extras
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 21:12:46 +0000

Lisa,

I'm going to NYC on Sunday and will be away from this machine for two weeks so I'm sending you some extra expense numbers in the event that you need them.

Music/supplies $861.20
That's anything from CDs, sheet music, valve oil, etc.

Maintenance/repairs $290.61

Instrument insurance $205.21

Office supplies $412.09
Paper, paper clips, CD blanks, computer parts/repairs, toner for printer, these sorts of things

Audition trip to Sweden:
Airfare                    $757.32
hotels                      $420.28
ground transport.    $116.77
Per diem 3 days       ???

Study trip to NYC:
Airfare                  $592.27
Lesson fee*           $125.00
Per diem 7 days        ???

*I played for three different people but only one charged me

Performance trip to Finland:
Airfare                $592.27
ground transport.  $24.26
per diem 4 days

Rent for 2009         $6,792.82
heat/elect. for 2009    $665.50
phone/internet        $1,667.87

By contract I'm obligated to perform "heimavinna" (literally "homework" i.e. practice) 15.5hrs a week out of a total of 37.5hrs (these numbers are all directly from, or derived from our master agreement). That means 41% of my salaried work is to be done at home at my expense; I have to find facilities for that. (What's the opposite of a benefit? Would that be a malefit? Or is it a benefit I'm obligated to provide my employer?) On top of that, my non-wage income amounted to 13.53% of my total gross income for which I bear the costs in terms of preparation space etc. I included the rent, heat/elec. and phone/internet amounts as I believe that some of this can be deducted as business related since I'm doing a fair amount of my work at home.

I hope this is enough info for you to work with if you need to. These are the numbers. I can certainly answer any other questions without sitting in front of this particular computer.

Thanks,

David