Re: How do I avoid printing any grace notes?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How do I avoid printing any grace notes?
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:59:00 +0200

One alternative, is to redefine the \grace command to do nothing:

\version "2.12.0"

\relative c'{
c4 \grace c8 d4 \grace {c16[ d e d ]} c2 |
}

grace=#(define-music-function (parser location music) (ly:music?) (make-music 'SequentialMusic 'void #t))

\relative c'{
c4 \grace c8 d4 \grace {c16 d e d } c2 |
}

  /Mats

Sven Axelsson wrote:
I know, I should be able to figure this out by reading the
documentation, but I'm lazy ...

Is there a simple way of telling Lilypond to omit all grace notes from
a piece? I want
to use it to print bagpipe music (which uses lots and lots of grace
notes) in such a
way that it can be played by concert pitch instruments. I want to be
able to call a single
command that does this, so I can use the same score for bagpipe as for
other instruments.

Ideally I should be able to do e.g.:

\transpose a bflat
{
    \bagpipeKey
    \showTrueKeySignature
    \removeGracenotes

    % Music here
}

I guess the \removeGracenotes command would do something to the effect of

\override Grace_engraver = Harakiri_engraver

but differently, and with different syntax, obviously.

Thanks much.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        School of Electrical Engineering