How to stop system from extending to the end of the page?

From: dflo404
Subject: How to stop system from extending to the end of the page?
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 22:32:53 -0700 (PDT)

I've tried searching for my question but I can't seem to find anything, maybe
because I don't exactly know what to search for.

Here is the problem:

Whenever I use the \break command, the system that is broken extends to the
end of the page.  This is what I want most of the time, but how can I
override this?

For example, let's say I have 8 systems worth of neatly-spaced measures, and
the last system only contains 2 measures.  Since the system automatically
extends to the end of the page, these 2 measures get stretched out to a very
unnecessary level.  I want the last measure to stop in the middle of the
page, so that those 2 measures are spaced appropriately.

Thanks in advance!