Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature

From: Bernardo Barros
Subject: Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:22:03 -0300

A suggestion for developers is that one could do something like

<c e g>\glissando
<e g b>

Or even crossing the lines:

<c e g>\glissando
<e b g>

On 15 April 2010 11:01, Bernardo Barros <address@hidden> wrote:
Other illustrations to help to show the problem.

On 15 April 2010 10:48, Bernardo Barros <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I have a question. I'm trying to notate the following situation (see PDF file). Its a example from the guitar part.

I'm having a lot of problems here, and it's going to happen again and again, so it's better to find a more practical way to deal with it.

1. I need to do a glissando but not of a single note, but of a chord. AND this lasts more one note, it should be re-attacked. So I also have to hide the noteheads.
Is there an easier way to do this job rather then hide the noteheads and draw lines from scratch. Or doing some weird trick hiding a voice or something?

2. The scordatura have quarter-tones alterations. Currently the TAB staff notation doesn't accept to put the quarter-tone. That's all right if I translate this, but I can get confusing after a while. It would be better if Lilypond could understand and translate it, so I could put the right note (with the correct quarter-tone alteration) and the right string and Lilypond would know the tablature notation. I know it works now, but I have to compensate the quarter-tones and it's confusing.

THANKS a lot,
Bernardo