Re: SVG Output problem

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: SVG Output problem
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 12:10:13 -0700

Hi Keith,

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:25 AM, keith Luke <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm using LilyPond 2.12.3 to create SVG output with the command:
>
>      lilypond -dbackend=svg xyz.ly
>
> for various LilyPond files.  I'm getting inconsistent results as most files
> SVG output are readable by Inkscape, but a file is giving me a problem.
> LilyPond produces the svg file but nothing shows up when I import it into
> Inkscape.  In all cases, the PDF files are generated properly.

There are problems with the SVG output in LilyPond 2.12, and most of
them have been fixed in 2.13.  You can look forward to better
interoperability (and consistency) once LilyPond 2.14 is released.

> I am trying to put phrase marks around lyrics so I create the SVG file and
> use Inkscape to add phrase marks using the arc tool, then print the
> file out as a PDF file.
>
> Is there a way of using \markup in LilyPond to add phrase marks to lyrics so
> I don't have to use Inkscape?

I don't know.  Can you send a PNG to the list that illustrates what
you are trying to achieve?

Thanks,
Patrick