Chromatic notation

From: sheltraw
Subject: Chromatic notation
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:01:33 -0700

Hello Lilypond Users

I would like to be able to use Lilypond to create chromatic musical
notation - 6 lines per staff movement from any line to space or space
to line is a half step.

Is there a very simple way to do this using Lilypond? I don't want to use
external code except for maybe a style file.

If there isn't a simple way to do this then maybe you could help me with
a few questions so that I can create a solution (and share it). I see that
the ability to add more lines to the staff exists within Lilypond. I have
tried it and it works as advertised. All I need to get the chromatic
notation that I want is to create a new map between the notes and their
representation in the chromatic notation. Is there a simple means to do
this in Lilypond? If not then can I create new commands to map the standard
note positions to the chromatic note positions?

Thanks so much. I am a long time Latex user and Lilypond looks like just
what I need.