Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:08:52 -0600

On 4/16/10 8:30 AM, "Bernardo Barros" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Carl and others,
>
> Very good job indeed! I'm trying now to notate the chord glissando I mentioned
> in the first email. The problem is that it is actually a re attacked chord
> glissando, so I would need to hide some noteheads and the glissando should
> "jump" to the next note head. I'm thinking in the best way to do this job.
> What should I do?

Check out the attached files for one possibility.  Note that I've moved the
chordGlissando function to its own .ly file so it can be included in any .ly
file you desire to write, without having to copy it in an editor.

HTH,

Carl

P.S.  If you're going to be here on lilypond-user a lot (and I hope you'll
stay a user), you should know that there are two items of list etiquette
that you haven't been following in your posts:

1) No top posting -- your new message should not be at the top of the

2) Trimming unnecessary parts of the previous message -- instead of
including the whole thing, only include the parts that are necessary to
understand your new comment or questions.

Following  these two points will help you get the most experienced
developers to pay attention to your questions.