Harmonica tablature

From: sheltraw
Subject: Harmonica tablature
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:53:50 -0700

Hi Lilypond Users

Sorry, I realized my last post to the list was poorly written so here is
cleaner description of what I owuld like to do.

I would like to develop some harmonica tablature using Lilypond. What I need
is to put a one or two digit number above (possibly below instead) each note
in the standard notation. I would like to have this happen automatically -
ie whenever I enter a note in the usual manner the one or two digit number
would appear as a tablature. Any suggestions on how I might accomplish this?

Thank you