Re: Harmonica tablature

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: Harmonica tablature
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 23:25:03 -0700 (PDT)

address@hidden wrote:
> I am new to Lilypond.  Could you give me a brief
> description of what the various parts of your code are
> doing?

It would be hard to explain it if you've not yet seen how
music is stored in pure scheme.  You'll need to use the
\displayMusic function to see what I'm talking about.

Below are two scores: one without, and one with the
\harmonicaTab music-function.  Add these to the bottom of
the file in my last post.  I've prepended \displayMusic
to both of them so you can see the difference in the two
scheme expressions.  Look at the console output to see what
needs to be added for the numbers to appear as they do.

Then look back at the code from the file and see how much
you can figure out.  Then let me know what you still don't
understand.

- Mark

\displayMusic \relative c' {
  c <d f>
}

\displayMusic \relative c' \harmonicaTab {
  c <d f>