Re: Permission-denied error while using Lilypond 2.12 with MikTeX

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Permission-denied error while using Lilypond 2.12 with MikTeX
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:52:57 +0200

Quoting Ambareesh Pandit <address@hidden>:

I am attempting to use LilyPond in Windows XP with MikTeX but am getting the
following error:

C:/Program
Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/backend-library.scm:115:15: In
procedure delete-file in expression (delete-file pdf-name):

This looks as if you already have the PDF file open in Acrobat. Unfortunately, you have to close the file in Acrobat before you can rerun LilyPond to update the file. It this is the problem, then it has nothing to do with MikTeX.

   /Mats

C:/Program
Files/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/backend-library.scm:115:15:
Permission denied

Below are the steps I took within MikTeX to get to this point.

1. Edit -> Preferences -> Typesetting tab

2. Clicked "+" within the "Path for TeX and related Programs" section.

3. Navigated LilyPond installation's bin directory and hit ok.

4. Clicked "+" within "Processing Tools" section.

5. Added values below to text fields and hit ok.

Name: LilyPond

Program: lilypond.exe

Arguments: $fullname

After this I open my *.ly file, select "LilyPond" in the dropdown box next
to the Play button in MikTeX, and get the error I have pasted above.  Has
anyone been able to successfully use LilyPond in MikTeX?  Does anyone know
what the message above means or how to get around it?

Thank you.

Ambareesh Pandit