Re: Vertical Spacing

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Vertical Spacing
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 02:42:16 +0200

2010/4/23 Walter Hofmeister <address@hidden>:
>>>                between-system-spacing = 65\mm
>>
>> This should have the form
>>
>>  between-system-spacing = #'((space . 12) (minimum-distance . 8) (padding .
>> 1))
>>
>> as stated in the docs.
>
>    I have checked the docs and I see nowhere a line that looks like this. Is
> there something that I am missing? Sorry.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/page-formatting

I agree with you, there are no ready-to-use examples where they
should. The notation manual is written in a reference style (not
tutorial-style) and the tutorial does not cover these complexities.
So we still have to find an intermediate place for things like these.

> Also I have tried this line that you have provided and it had no effect. Any
> ideas? Thanks.

Well, the line I provided sets the defaults in
ly/paper-defaults-init.ly, but you could try increasing the 12 to 20
for example. My example only showed the form of the setting without
really changing anything.

There is a real example in

  http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/changing-spacing.html

to achieve fewer pages.

What happens if you supress this line completely?

 %  between-system-spacing

Also, take into account that [at least for some users] the word
'ragged' could mean the opposite of what you think.

ragged=true means unjustified,
ragged=false means justified.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)