Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:17:58 -0600

On 4/23/10 1:48 AM, "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl Sorensen schrieb:
>>
>> On 4/16/10 8:30 AM, "Bernardo Barros" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>>> [...]
>>>

>> Check out the attached files for one possibility.  Note that I've moved the
>> chordGlissando function to its own .ly file so it can be included in any .ly
>> file you desire to write, without having to copy it in an editor.
>>
> Hello Carl,
>
> thanks for your work - this extension is great! However, in combination
> with tab staves, the explicit declaration of "\new Voice" in
> add-glissando-line
> creates spurious staves below the tablature. Is there a way to switch
> to TabVoice automatically, i.e. to get the current context, and if it is a
> Staff, then use Voice, if it is TabStaff, use TabVoice?

OK, I couldn't keep away from it while I was at my son's graduation
exercise.

I've attached replacement code that now works for both a staff and tabstaff.
One issue -- you need to explicitly set string numbers for the chord,
because the glissando ends up being drawn one note pair at a time, so the
string selection algorithm doesn't work.

Again, it's probably a hack rather than a real solution; the real solution
would find the string numbers from the first chord if it's a TabVoice and
use those numbers automatically.

But it's a hack that is reasonably useful.

HTH,

Carl