Re: [tablatures] Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: [tablatures] Re: Problems with chord glissandos with articulations and tablature
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 15:40:51 +0100

On 24 April 2010 14:30, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's currently impossible to do \new Bottom since
> Context::create_new_context () doesn't check whether the context-type
> = 'Bottom, unlike Context::find_create_context ().

Oops, I meant Context::create_unique_context ().

I think I see what's happening in the snippet above:
get_default_interpreter () will only create a new bottom-level context
if it's called via a parent context which has a \defaultchild (i.e., a
Staff-level context).  So we can get round this limitation by wrapping
the bottom-level context creation in another context-spec-music block:

\new Voice {
  \override NoteHead #'color = #red
  c4 d e f
  \context Staff
  \context Bottom = foo {
    \override NoteHead #'color = #green
    c4 d e f
  }
  \context Staff
  \context Bottom = bar {
    c4 d e f

I've attached a revised copy of `chord-glissando.ly' which forces each
hidden voice to be a unique bottom-level context.

Cheers,
Neil