Re: Create and use a custom staff

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Create and use a custom staff
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 13:43:19 +0200

Hello Kieren,

Thanks for your answer. This works partly for me. I would like to add also add
\clef percussion
\numericTimeSignature

or
\override clef percussion
\override numericTimeSignature

within the global defined staff. That seems to be impossible. If these properties are defined in the detail declared staff they work fine.
So one kind of property seems to be able to made global, but the other is not.

That is my problem. Is it possible it is a bug?

Thanks again Kieren.

With regards, Bernard

Quoting Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden>:

Hi,

Is it possible to create AND use a custom made staff? And use a /VOICE within the staff?
I did multiple attempts but all without success. Thanks for your help.

I'm not exactly sure if this answers your question, but... here's one example.

I always want my vocal lines to have all "attachments" (e.g., dynamics, articulations, etc.) above the staff -- so I define a VocalStaff with the #'direction properties set to #UP:

\version "2.13.17"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Staff
    \name VocalStaff
    \alias Staff
    \override DynamicLineSpanner #'direction = #UP
    \override Script #'direction = #UP
    \override TextScript #'direction = #UP
    \override TupletBracket #'direction = #UP
  }
  \context {
    \Score
    \accepts VocalStaff