Re: Accidental not properly notated in score

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Accidental not properly notated in score
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 10:01:45 +0200

2010/5/4 Patrick Karl <address@hidden>:

> Can anyone explain why the 2nd d-sharp is not notated in the music
> in the following snippet:
>
> \version "2.12.2"
>
> \relative g'' {
>        \partial 4 r4
>        r2. dis4
>        e2.
>
>        \repeat volta 2 {
>                \partial 4 c8 dis
>                e2.
>        }
> }
>
> I understand that I could get it notated properly by writing it as
> "dis!", but that would require that I notice the need.

If you remove the *unnecessary* \partial within the \repeat volta the
d-sharp is correctly displayed.

I suppose this is related to the "Known issues" of \partial (NR 1.2.3).

  The \partial command is intended to be used only at the beginning of
  a piece. If you use it after the beginning, some odd warnings or
  effects may occur, in this case use \set Timing.measurePosition
  instead.

But \set Timing.measurePosition behaves like \partial here.
Anyway this is odd, indeed.

Cheers,
Xavier

--