Re: Irregular "9-tuplet" tremolo notation

From: u_li
Subject: Re: Irregular "9-tuplet" tremolo notation
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 05:30:42 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry Kieren,

Now that I looked through your example more closely and understood what it
does, I realized that it does the same as my \scaleDurations solution.

So it still produces six prolonged triplets (i.e. six eights over the
duration of three quarters) instead of nine triplets.
So there is still no - musically correct - solution at hand.

The problem with the tremolo is that in fact the two notes have to be
repeated 4 1/2 times.

As I basically only need to produce printed output, I can use the solution
for now, but I would still like to know if my problem can be solved with
LilyPond (I somewhat dislike workarounds that depend on faulty music).

Best
Urs