Re: Ties across staves in a PianoStaff

From: searchfgold
Subject: Re: Ties across staves in a PianoStaff
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 09:24:45 -0700 (PDT)

I don't think you really should do this, as it is musically incorrect.
Whenever there is a tie or a slur across staves it is treated as a slur, and
in fact, sometimes repeated notes that are slurred are placed on different
staves and slurred. In other words, it would cause much confusion. Maybe try
slurring the notes and placing a markup saying tie over the middle section
of the slur; I don't now how to do this but there is probably someone
somewhere who does and wrote a snippet.