Re: Website "easier editing"

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Website "easier editing"
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 01:39:08 +0100

On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 12:54:39PM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> I think it's fine the way it is now. Perhaps I wouldn't place Denemo
> above LilyPondTool, although it does make sense to regroup LPT with
> Frescobaldi.
>
> (Actually, what I *would* do is emphasize LPT, perhaps with a big
> [RECOMMENDED] sign.)

Why not recommend Frescobaldi?  I'm not comfortable placing a
semi-official seal of approval on either one at the expense of the
other.

> Now that I'm looking again at these pages, the pseudo-Windows logo
> doesn't strike me as self-explanatory (besides its specific touch of
> ugliness). Would you be ready to consider using a different one, such
> as
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Image-Vista_Like_logo.png
> or
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Windows.svg
> or
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Win-like-userbox.svg
> ?

Hmm.  I've never used xp or vista, so I'm not so familiar with the
pastel colors.  I have no real objection to changing, though.

... wait a moment, isn't Windows.svg the same as what we already
have? ... oh, ok, the current one has thick black borders.
*shrug*

I'll accept a patch for this.  You'll want to update the png file
and the copyright info in whichever macro file I put it in (can't
remember).

> > When he began working, he had one opinion and I had the other.
> > But over the past four months, we've switched positions like a
> > finely-honed comedy act -- we still disagree, but we've both taken
> > up the other person's initial position.
>
> Wait - so you're saying you *can* change your mind at times? :-)

If it makes things awkward and delays an aspect of website work
for 4 months, sure!

Cheers,
- Graham