Re: Ties over 2 voices

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Ties over 2 voices
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 15:17:54 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "-Eluze" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 3:04 PM

Phil Holmes-2 wrote:

if there's a better way of doing this that doesn't rely on simply writing
one set of notes on top of another identical set.

you can use spacer rests in the second voice where you don't really use
notes (like in your example for the tie).

see  http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=507
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=507  to create such a ghost voice,
so you can keep alive the second voice if needed.

otherwise just make a temporary 2nd voice.

hope this helps

I do use spacer rests extensively - I've just posted a small section of the music, without showing the spacers. But how would you terminate the tie on a spacer?

--
Phil Holmes