Re: Ties over 2 voices

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Ties over 2 voices
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 15:27:03 +0100

From: "-Eluze"

Phil Holmes-2 wrote:

I do use spacer rests extensively - I've just posted a small section of
the
music, without showing the spacers.  But how would you terminate the tie
on
a spacer?

just wanted to say that you don't have to repeat the whole lot of notes in
the second voice if there is no need. in the case of the ties you need -
afaik - a 2nd voice and there you can write the information that does not
fit into a single voice!

\context Staff {
 \mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn
 \time 3/4 r2
 <<
   \context Voice = "1" {
     \voiceOne
     f''8 [  c''8 ~  ]   |
     \stemDown < c''>8 [
     \stemNeutral
     \oneVoice
     < a' c''>16< a' c''>16 ]
   }
   \context Voice = "2" {
     \voiceTwo
     a'4 ~  |
     a'8 s8 s2 |
     % … more spacers

Problem with this is that the unbeamed note in the second voice has a tail and not a beam, and so we get the result shown in the attached image, with a tail under the beaming. Also I still get the complaint about clashing note columns.

--
Phil Holmes