Re: Text cresc *without dashed line* and Y-offset

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Text cresc *without dashed line* and Y-offset
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 23:29:46 +0100

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:57:22PM +0200, Xavier Scheuer wrote:
> But I feel also sad that this issue (about something very "simple",
> common) is still unsolved (2 years after).

Heh, you think that's bad?  From 4 years ago:
(image on comment 9: the 16th note beam is on the wrong side of
the stem)

Sadly, there's no quick fix for any of these.  The only way is to
get more developers, and the least unreliable way to get more
developers is to have more people working as Frogs.  I know that
scheme and the lilypond internals look complicated and scary, but
diving into that stuff is the only way that the situation will
improve.

Alternately, you could take over some "mundane maintenance" jobs
(such as joining the Bug Squad), which would free up developers
(including myself) to work on the scheme stuff.  If I ever get
enough people handling my mundane tasks such that I can be a Frog,
my plan is to start from the first open issue and work on it until
it's done, then repeat.  I'd really like to be able to claim that
we've finished all bugs that are over 3 years old.

Cheers,
- Graham