Re: \autochange and rests

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: \autochange and rests
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 11:02:23 -0700 (PDT)

Peter Chubb wrote:
> how can I get \autochange to fill in the gaps in the
> staves with rests?

Off the top of my head, I don't know of an easy way to do
this.  For what it's worth, elementary piano books almost
always omit such rests when the texture is monophonic.  But
if you really want them, I think you need to enter them
explicitly in separate staves.

Such a feature shouldn't be impossible to implement though,
and it would be a nice one to have.  Maybe someone here will
come up with something.

- Mark