Re: noobie question. percussion instruments

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: noobie question. percussion instruments
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 22:13:06 +0200

2010/5/16 Roberto Morales <address@hidden>:

> Dear list
>
> I am new in Lilypond and got the following problem defining my
> percussion instruments. According to the  manual I did the following
>
> this example works fine
>
> [...]
>
> but, when add cymbals to the same instrument they never got their
> new positon or noteheads.
>
> I define a cymbal drums and same thing happens. Is this a bug or
> cymbals have some parameters extra i missing ?

Hi Roberto!

I never use percussions but I tried compiling your code and the
the positions are as expected and the notehead of chinesecymbal is
a triangle AFAICS (I use 2.13.21).

crashcymbala is also at right position but hotehead is wrong and I
think I know why.
According to the doc:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Percussion-notes
the "note name" of crashcymbala is "cymca", not "cymc".
So either replace crashcymbala by crashcymbal (without the final 'a'),
either replace "cymc" by "cymca".  ;)

Cheers,
Xavier

--