Re: Midi2ly Error

From: -Eluze
Subject: Re: Midi2ly Error
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 15:25:11 -0700 (PDT)

Jonathan Townes-2 wrote:

> I'm encountering problems with midi2ly. I receive the error below when
> running midi2ly on midi files exported from Reaper, a DAW. I receive
> no error when converting midi files created by Lilypond or Anvil
> Studio, a midi only program. Any insight or suggestions for exporting
> midi would be greatly appreciated.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\jt\Desktop>midi2ly Test8.mid
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py", line 991, in ?
>     main()
>   File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py", line 989, in main
>     convert_midi (f, o)
>   File "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin\midi2ly.py", line 823, in
> convert_midi
>     for (dur, num, den) in global_options.allowed_tuplets:
> SystemError:
> /main/src/gub/target/mingw/src/python-2.4.5/Objects/listobject.c:255:
> bad argument to internal function
>

> Lilypond version 2.2.13-1 (Windows XP)

are you sure you're using the correct version?

problems with midi2ly often occur when

 - the filename contains blanks
 - the directory contains blanks

best is to make sure you run midi2ly from the directory where the file is.
(use CD … to go there)
if the filename contains blanks, include it in quadruple double-quotes
("""")

hth