Re: Getting width of markup in a music function

From: Nathan Reed
Subject: Re: Getting width of markup in a music function
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 00:12:27 -0700

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
why dont you use a MultiMeasureRestText as a basis?

Thanks for the suggestion; I tried this briefly, but it doesn't seem to improve anything.  The \textLengthOn is then ineffective since it only operates on TextScripts.  I tried replacing it with:

\once\override MultiMeasureRestText #'extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 0)
\once\override MultiMeasureRestText #'extra-spacing-height = #'(-inf.0 +inf.0)

but this did not appear to do anything either.  Using a multi-measure rest also seems to make the fermata appear off-center to the left of the rest, in many cases.

At this point I think I'm just going to use an extra-spacing-width override on the rest and tune it per use of the music function.  Maybe if I have time at a later date I'll dig into the code and see if there's a way to do this.

Thanks,
Nathan Reed