Re: Change appearance of the SpanBar

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Change appearance of the SpanBar
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 22:23:32 +0200

2010/5/17 Gilles THIBAULT <address@hidden>:

> \override StaffGroup.SpanBar #'glyph-name  = #"|"
>
> seems to work. Not easy at all to find.

Aah, right!

I tried #'glyph as seen in snippet 125 but it did not work.
Then I tried #'glyph-name, found thanks to Internal References manual
but I didn't apply it to StaffGroup, so it did not work either.

You really need to take care of everything, in addition LilyPond does
not give warnings when you use a wrong property name or value.
And it was not easy to find, indeed.

I'll suggest a corrected version of
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=125
#'glyph was maybe correct in some earlier versions but it is no more
in 2.12 and following...
And maybe we could mention the snippet in the NR I'll suggest that too.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>