unalign candanza like multimeasure improvisation

From: tiM Sportny
Subject: unalign candanza like multimeasure improvisation
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:10:19 +0000

Dear List,

I'm trying to write down improvisation clues that have to be played within a
few measures. Since these are just clues/suggestions there is no need to align
the notes with other staves, i.e. I don't want it to be aligned.

In the example below, the only thing LP should care about is that the total
size of the upper measures matches the total size of the "improvisation
measure" below it. It shouldn't care about which note comes first, since the
one playing the solo, shouldn't care about it either. (of course this is just a
silly simplified example).

Has anyone had any experience with this? I've tried a lot of things, but it
only seemed to get worse and worse.

Best Regards,

Tim

\version "2.12.0"

improv = { \relative c''{ \scaleDurations #'( 16 . 17 ){ b8[ des b deses b des
b deses b deses b] ases4 \glissando ases' \glissando a, }}}

\score {
    \new StaffGroup <<
        \new Staff {
            \repeat unfold 8 b8