Re: arpeggioBracket spanning multiple voices on a single staff?

From: Nick Payne
Subject: Re: arpeggioBracket spanning multiple voices on a single staff?
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 06:51:35 +1000

On 21/05/10 03:22, William Bajzek wrote:
On May 19, 2010, at 10:55 PM, Mark Polesky wrote:

William Bajzek wrote:
My expectation and hope is that it would show the arpeggio
bracket instead of the zigzag one, but it doesn't. Can
this be done?

Yes.
- Mark

* * * * * * * * * *

arpeggioBracketStaff = {

Thanks! That does work nicely. I'll make the problem harder now, though; I usually use an input structure like the following, to facilitate keeping the stems for each voice going the right direction, and I wouldn't *always* want the arpeggioBracket, as the regular arpeggio often comes up in guitar music, too. With your suggestion, it looks like I am limited to the one type. Is there a way to do it without restructuring my files?

upper = \relative c' {
\voiceOne
<e' g>4\arpeggio <d f> <d f>2
}