SustainPedal padding?

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: SustainPedal padding?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 13:17:13 +0100

I'm currently working my way through the regression tests trying to find features only documented there, and have arrived at pedal-ped.ly. I've worked out how the pedalSustainStrings uses the pedal glyphs, but can't see that the following line:

 \override Staff.SustainPedal #'padding = #-2

has any effect at all. I can guess what it's trying to do, but doesn't seem to do anything. Anyone any thoughts?

--
Phil Holmes