Re: Changing the default dynamics font

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Changing the default dynamics font
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 10:24:44 +0200

2010/5/24 Martin Hiendl <address@hidden> :

> Hi!
>
> I hope this hasn't been brought up yet.
>
> I tried to change the default dynamics font with the following
> command:
>
> \score {
>
>  \new Staff \with {
>    \override DynamicText #'font-name = "Linux Libertine"
>    \override DynamicText #'font-series = #'bold
>    \override DynamicText #'font-size = #1
> }
>

> As I found out in the manual, font-name overrides all settings in
> font-series, font-shape and font-family.
>
> Does that mean that there is no way to change the default dynamics
> font if you want to have it bold and italic?

Hi!

What do you want to change?

AFAIK changing the font of DynamicText only change the font of dynamics
like \f , \p , \mf , ...
Is that what you want?

If you want to change the font of \cresc , \dim (see \crescTextCresc if
you are using 2.12), then the correct object would be
"DynamicTextSpanner"...

Cheers,
Xavier

--