Re: problem with the space below a tablature

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: problem with the space below a tablature
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 23:09:34 +0200

2010/5/24 caserta pierre <address@hidden>:

> To illustrate my problem I joined 3 files that are:
> - header is a file I include in the exemple.ly
> - exemple.ly is a simple tablature
> - example.pdf is the result of the lilypond compilation
>
> the problem is that there is a large space between the last tab and
> the bottom of the page. (the actual height is 7cm)
> If I change the value:  ''paper-height''  and reduce a little the
> height of the page (6.8cm), lilypond create 2 pages.
> I just want a pdf as small as possible with just the tablature on
> 1 page.
>
> [...]
>
> I do not understand the problem.
> Can you help me with that ?

Hi Pierre!

Have you tried with the development version (currently 2.13.21)?

The vertical spacing system has been completely changed (improved) and
I managed to obtain "a pdf as small as possible with just the tablature
on 1 page" quite easily by simply changing the "paper-height" value of
your file.

If you do so please have a look at the new documentation (2.13), since
the syntax for most of the vertical spacing variables has changed :
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/vertical-spacing#Vertical-spacing

For example, in your case, "between-system-padding" no longer exists
and you should replace it by something like
  between-system-spacing = #'((padding . 2))  % dimension is "staff-spaces"

OFF-TOPIC

Since you seems to be French, did you know that there is also a
LilyPond French Users mailing-list where you can discuss and get some
help in French ?