Re: absolute x-positioning of objects?

From: Richie Gress
Subject: Re: absolute x-positioning of objects?
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 16:45:22 +0000 (UTC)

Wilbert Berendsen <lilykde <at> xs4all.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there a possibility to manually specify the X-position of objects like
> rests or bar lines?
>
> For example I'm setting single-voice Genevan psalm tunes which have a half
> rest at the end of each line. I want the rest close to the end of the line,
> positioned independently of the notes in the line.
>
> I use ragged-right = ##t and a fixed width of the StaffSymbol. (Also I'd like
> to draw the final bar line at the end of the last staff.)
>
> TIA and best regards,
> Wilbert Berendsen

Yes! LilyPondTool can do that, in ruler mode.
Let me clarify;
You have to download jEdit, then install it, then get the lilypond tool plugin
under "plugin Options". Then open your .ly, click "run lilypond", wait for it,
then when it's done open the Lilypond PDF Preview. Switch to ruler mode and move
the object around, then copy the code it gives you into the .ly file where you
want it :)